The importance of gas supply
East Coast issues driving Federal Government policy
· Climate change impacts
The Alliance’s work program is focused on ensuring a reliable, affordable and diverse supply of natural gas for industry and households in Western Australia. The Alliance supports:
- Ensuring sufficient reserves of gas resources are set aside to meet the current and future needs of the WA community.
- A stringent Retention Lease system that ensures producers do not warehouse gas fields that could be developed for the domestic market. Greater transparency is needed to promote opportunity and third party participation.
- Preventing anti-competitive joint selling arrangements by which gas producers combine together to set prices and contract terms for local consumers.
- Ensuring that producers meet existing domestic supply obligations under the Domestic Gas Reservation Policy.
- Federal and State tax, royalty and investor incentives for domestic gas exploration and development.
- Opportunities for common use gas gathering and processing infrastructure to reduce development costs and facilitate domestic gas development.
- A national energy security strategy that ensures long-term supply of competitively priced gas for domestic users.
- Australia's Domestic Gas Security - 2012 Report
- 2010 WA Domestic Gas Security Report
- 2009 WA Domestic Gas Security Report